Street parking in Walnut Creek will be free until further notice. Please note that this applies to City street parking only, not privately owned lots. The City’s three parking garages will be closed during this time, and parking enforcement will be suspended. Safety rules still apply with no parking in restricted zones. Those with monthly parking passes will still be able to utilize the garages during this time. Please consider patronizing the Walnut Creek businesses that are open and providing essential services, including take-out restaurants.
For more information on the County Public Health Order see the Stay Home FAQ or call the Contra Costa Health Services Call center at (844) 729-8410 between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please visit Conta Costa Health Services for the latest updates. Additional City of Walnut Creek COVID-19 updates are available here.
How Parking Revenue is used
The City's Downtown Parking Enterprise and Enhancement Fund which collects all parking revenue and reinvests it back into Downtown Walnut Creek. Investments include landscaping, sidewalk cleaning, the Free Downtown Trolley, Downtown policing and community events.
How to use our meters
Check out the City's Dynamic Parking Map and learn how we manage parking demand Downtown.
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday
- $2 per hour in Downtown Core area (Civic to Newell)
- $1 per hour in areas North, South and West of Downtown Core area
- Two-hour time limits in core; most meters outside of the core have a 10-hour limit (look for purple parking meter poles)
- Pay for parking with your phone: download the Park Mobile App (Free for iPhone or Android)
- Open 24 hours per day
- 1st hour FREE
- Broadway Garage is 50 cents per hour
- Lesher Center Garage is 50 cents an hour
- Special event parking fee at Lesher Center is up to $5
- South Locust Garage (above Tender Greens Restaurant) is $1 per hour
- Payments accepted: cash/coins, Visa and MasterCard, Google/Apple Pay and Park Mobile
- Monthly parking passes for City garages is available at http://www.lazparking.com/
- Look for free EV charging in all three City garages
Need to pay a parking citation?
Visit Walnut Creek Police to pay a parking citation.
The City of Walnut Creek offers payment plans for parking citations. Please see terms and conditions of the payment plans and the payment plan application form.
Where should I park?
Get real-time parking information by downloading a free smart app powered by ParkMe.