Traffic Engineering enhances safety and mobility on Walnut Creek's street network.
The Traffic Engineering Division works closely and collaboratively with Engineering Services, Transportation Planning, Planning, and the Walnut Creek Police Department.
- Managing 100 traffic signals
- Collaborating on enhancements to walking and biking facilities
- Reviewing street designs
- Traffic control devices (such as traffic signals and signs)
- Street lights
- Managing residential and valet parking services
- Evaluating the curb, including parameters, restrictions, and designations for on-street parking
- Oversize load permits
- Traffic calming
- Reviewing transportation impacts related to new development projects
Traffic Engineering supports the Transportation Commission for multi-modal and long range planning activities.