Walnut Creek CERT DSWVP Policy
California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program (DSWVP) web page:
Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program (DSWVP) Policy
Walnut Creek CERT members are sworn is as Disaster Service Workers for the City of Walnut Creek. This is effective for two years; the CERT may renew DSW status by participating in any approved CERT activity (see list below). To learn more, click here for DSW policy [PDF].
Qualified Activities for DSWVP Registration Renewal
Note that only pre-approved activities qualify for CERT membership & DSW registration renewal and an attendance list (sign-in sheet) is required as proof of participation. Written pre-approval must be given by the Walnut Creek CERT Program Manager at email@example.com.
- Participate in a CERT training class or drill, attend a CERT meeting (see list below), or participate in a weekly CERT radio net
- Take an online FEMA course at https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- IS-100, -200, -700, -10, -11 are acceptable courses to complete, for example.
- Pick a course that you have not already taken.
- Obtain written pre-approval for courses not listed above.
- Train with the Red Cross or similar NGO, or deploy for disaster response - provide certificate of completion
- Participate in a pre-approved FEMA-, CalOES-, or Red Cross-sponsored deployment. Request approval before deployment from the Walnut Creek CERT Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SEMS G606 online course (if still FREE) - Standardized Emergency Management System Introduction - course flyer
The recurring CERT trainings listed below qualify for DSW renewal provided that a sign-in sheet is submitted to the Walnut Creek CERT program Manager or Administrator to show individual attendance:
- Monthly or quarterly CERT area meetings.
- Weekly CERT radio nets - CERT amateur radio group & net control must record participation.
- CERT bi-monthly city-wide refresher meetings.
BLANK DSW FORM
To be valid, this DSW registration form must be endorsed at bottom of page by a CERT volunteer who is authorized by the City Clerk for the City of Walnut Creek to administer DSW loyalty oath.
Instructions to complete DSW form are here. Don't forget to sign it!!
Accredited Disaster Council (ADC) approvals for training and exercise
Report errors on this page to email@example.com.
Updated on 2020-02-26.