Walnut Creek CERT DSWVP Policy
California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program (DSWVP) web page:
Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program (DSWVP) Policy
Walnut Creek CERT members are sworn is as Disaster Service Workers for the City of Walnut Creek. This is effective for two years; the CERT may renew DSW status by participating in any approved CERT activity (see list below). To learn more, click here [PDF].
In addition to activity, CERT members are required to submit a new DSW registration form in the month before their DSW registration expires. (New requirement as of June 2019.) New DSW registration forms are required every two years to remain a member of Walnut Creek CERT.
Qualified Activities for DSWVP Registration Renewal
Note that only pre-approved activities qualify for DSW registration renewal and an attendance list is required as proof of participation. Written pre-approval must be given by the Walnut Creek CERT Program Manager, Megan Stephenson.
- Participate in a CERT training class or drill, attend a CERT meeting (see list below), or participate in a weekly CERT radio net
- Take an online FEMA course at https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- IS-100, -200, -700, -10, -11 are acceptable courses to complete, for example.
- Pick a course that you have not already taken
- Obtain written pre-approval for courses not listed above.
- Train with the Red Cross or similar NGO, or deploy for disaster response - provide certificate of completion
- Participate in a pre-approved FEMA-, CalOES-, or Red Cross-sponsored deployment. Request approval from Megan Stephenson before deployment.
The recurring CERT meetings listed below qualify for DSW renewal provided that a sign-in sheet is preserved to show individual attendance:
- Monthly or quarterly CERT area meetings - Area Coordinators must archive sign-in sheets.
- Weekly radio nets - CERT amateur radio group & net control must record and archive participation records.
- CERT bi-monthly city-wide refresher meetings.
BLANK DSW FORM
Form must be endorsed at bottom of page by a CERT volunteer authorized to administer loyalty oath
Report errors on this page to email@example.com.
Updated on 2019-06-13.