In 2018, the City completed an update of the City's Economic Development Strategic Plan. The plan was originally created in 2004 and had guided the City's priorities in economic development since then.
Read the final 2018 Economic Development Strategic Plan here: Click to read
Thank you to all of our community members and city partners who took the time to contribute ideas about the future of Walnut Creek's economic development. Your ideas shaped this update, and we look forward to continuing to work together over the next 5+ years of implementation.
Learn more about the Economic Development Strategic Plan update process:
- Watch the discussion and approval of the Plan at the December 18th City Council Meeting: Click to Watch
- Watch the review of the full draft of the Plan at the November 20th City Council Meeting: Click to Watch
- Watch the consultant presentation to our development community at the October 9th Development Services Forum: Click to watch
- Watch the discussion and presentation at the September 25th City Council Meeting: Click to watch
- Read the final draft of the Economic Market Analysis: Click to read
- Watch the discussion and presentation at the May 22nd City Council Special Meeting: Click to watch
- Read the consultant's Technical Memo #1: Click to read
- Read the consultant's Technical Memo #2: Click to read
- View the PowerPoint deck with a summary of the Economic Market Analysis: Click to download
To join the mailing list for future community forums and broader economic development news, or if you have questions about the strategic planning process, email Kesava Washington, Economic Development Specialist, at email@example.com.