Continue to check back for updates on programs in Arts + Rec that are open now!
- Virtual classes from Center for Community Arts - visual and performing arts for all ages
- Virtual classes from Walnut Creek Recreation - health & fitness and personal enrichment offerings for all ages
- Arts + Rec Virtual Community Center - fun activities and free resources you can access from home
- Young REP - professional training program from Center REP for students interested in theatre arts
City of Walnut Creek onsite Summer Camps will be available beginning in late June / early July. Registration is open now!
Day Camps beginning July 6 (half and full day options available)
- Preschool / School Age Camps
- Camp Tenderfoot (ages 3-4) is specially designed to be a camper’s first day camp experience. Campers build confidence and develop social skills while making new friends in a safe, supportive environment. Learn more and register >>
- Camp Little Walnut (ages 4-5) campers will enjoy exploring their creativity while making new friends. Each week includes special themed activities. Learn more and register >>
- Camp Clever Creek (ages 5-7) uses Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math in new and exciting ways so that your camper can continue to learn and grow, while still engaged in a social camp atmosphere! Learn more and register >>
- Camp Community Arts (ages 5-14)
- Explore the visual arts, music, dance and theater! Half day and full day options available for ages 5-14. Learn more and register >>
- Walnut Creek Day Camp (ages 6-12)
- Featuring crafts, games, outdoor activities, and other themed adventures, Day Camp makes this summer one to remember. Youth ages 6-12 build relationships with other local children and find great role models in trained staff. Learn more and register >>
- Walnut Creek Sports Camp (ages 8-13)
- A chance to hone skills, or learn a new favorite activity through variety of different sports during 1 week camps. Learn more and register >>
- Specialized Recreation Summer Camp (ages 5-21)
- This summer camp is carefully designed for children, teens and young adults who have special needs. Our professionally trained staff creates a loving and nurturing environment. Learn more and register >>
Specialty Camps beginning June 15
- Choose from camps featuring cooking, languages, sports, STEM inspired camps including Lego and coding camps, chess, carpentry, video production and much more. Half-day and full-day options available for kids ages 3 to 14. Browse the online listings.
Clarke Swim Center is now taking one-hour reservations for public lap swimming. All swimmers must have a reservation to enter the facility. At this time we do not have deep water space available. Patrons may use reserved lanes for Lap Swim, Water Exercise, or Water Walking. Space is not available for recreational swim.
Reservations are available one week in advance. You may use your membership pass to reserve online or pay the drop in fee.
Reserve now at: https://bit.ly/ClarkeReservations
Please check walnut-creek.org/aquatics for the latest updates and schedules.
- Boundary Oak Golf Course is open for tee times and use of the driving range. Visit playboundaryoak.com for information.
- Walnut Creek Tennis Center and various tennis/pickleball courts in city parks are open. Visit lifetimeactivities.com for information.
- City parks and Open Space are open, please respect physical distancing when visiting these areas
- The Skate Park at Heather Farm Park is open
- The Dog Park at Heather Farm Park is open
Keeping Arts + Rec Safe
All Arts + Rec programs will follow core safety guidelines, available at walnut-creek.org/artsrecsafety.