New Parking Garage Equipment in Downtown Garages
New parking garage equipment (parking gates and pay stations) were installed in the City's three public parking garages. The new equipment replaces a nine-year-old chip coin (token) system that was in poor working condition with state-of-the-art technology to improve the parking experience. The project was paid for out of the City's Downtown Parking Enterprise and Enhancement Fund. This fund collects all parking revenue and reinvests it back into Downtown Walnut Creek.
More Parking Spaces Downtown
The City added 80 new parking spaces in the Broadway Parking Garage (1390 North Broadway) through an attendant-assisted parking pilot program. Learn more here.
Check out the City's Dynamic Parking Map and learn how we manage parking demand Downtown.
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday
- $2 per hour in Downtown Core area (Civic to Newell)
- $1 per hour in areas North, South and West of Downtown Core area
- Two-hour time limits in core; most meters outside of the core have a 10-hour limit (look for purple parking meter poles)
- Pay for parking with your phone: download the Park Mobile App (Free for iPhone or Android)
- Open 24 hours per day
- 1st hour FREE
- Broadway Garage is 50 cents per hour
- Lesher Center Garage is 50 cents an hour
- Special event parking fee at Lesher Center is up to $5
- South Locust Garage (above Tender Greens Restaurant) is $1 per hour
- Monthly parking passes for City garages is available at http://www.lazparking.com/
- Look for free EV charging in all three City garages
Need to pay a parking citation?
Visit Walnut Creek Police to pay a parking citation.
The City of Walnut Creek offers payment plans for parking citations. Please see terms and conditions of the payment plans and the payment plan application form.
Where should I park?
Get real-time parking information by downloading a free smart app powered by ParkMe.