The Zoning Administrator is a member of the planning staff who is appointed by the Planning Manager. The Zoning Administrator shall:
1. Hear and decide applications for variances;
2. Hear and decide applications for minor use permits;
3. Hear and decide applications for large family day care home permits;
4. Hear and decide appeals of staff decisions regarding home occupations, small collection recycling facilities and temporary activity permits; and,
5. Exercise such other powers and duties as are prescribed by City ordinance or assigned by the City Council.
The Zoning Administrator may determine that, because of the probable controversial nature of any proposal, or because of the significance to the City, the Planning Commission should hear and decide an application.
Meetings / Hearings
The Zoning Administrator meets on an as-needed basis at 4 PM on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month in the Second Floor Conference Room of City Hall. Hearings that may be held in alternate City Hall facilities are duly noticed on the agenda.
Applications scheduled to be heard by the Zoning Administrator will be available on the City's Public Meetings page.