CERT Basic Training
Sign up for training here - www.walnut-creek.org/cert
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there is a $25 CERT program fee payable the first day of class. CERT Graduates are sworn in as Disaster Service Worker Volunteers for the City of Walnut Creek. Unfortunately, due to limited resources, Walnut Creek CERT classes are open only to those who live or work in either incorporated or unincorporated Walnut Creek (does not apply in the case of a student from another city making up a missed class). Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Need to make up a missed class?
You can go to any city's CERT program to make up a class.
NOTE: If you are making up a class with Walnut Creek CERT, please check the class schedule above or call 925-943-5899 ext. 2911 before the start of the CERT Session to verify the order of class topics.
After you complete your CERT training please email your graduation certificate to email@example.com or drop off a copy at Walnut Creek City Hall so we can welcome you to Walnut Creek CERT and tell you about our monthly meetings and continuing education classes.
Upcoming CERT classes and events for 2019:
- Amateur (HAM) radio Getting-On-The-Air classes 1 & 2 - June 12 & July 10, 6:30PM - 9PM.
- City-wide bi-monthly skill refresher meeting - Monday August 12, 7PM - Triage & treat 3 killers
- Light Up The City (LUTC) Communications Drill - Saturday August 24
- Fall 2019 CERT Basic Training classes - Friday evening September 6, and all day Saturdays Sept. 7 & 14
- Fall 2019 CERT graduation drill - September 28.
- Amateur (HAM) radio license test cram, Saturday October 5.
- City-wide bi-monthly skill refresher meeting - Monday October 14, 7PM - Gas & Electrical safety, PG&E presentation
- Amateur (HAM) radio Getting-On-The-Air classes 1 & 2 - October 9 & November 6, 6:30PM - 9PM.
- Disaster Medical Hands On class - continuing education - Saturday November 16.
- City-wide bi-monthly skill refresher meeting - Monday December 9, 7PM - Cellular communications restoration after disasters, Verizon presentation
See the CERT calendar for more details.
Report errors on this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.