CERT Weekend Training Series: Fall 2018
Fall training classes: a weekend series will be offered on Friday/Saturdays in Fall 2018: probably dates are October 12, 13, 20. With graduation drill possibly on October Saturday 27th or November 3rd.
Location: Walnut Creek City Hall, 3rd floor conference room and other locations listed in the schedule
CERT Class Schedules - Fall 2018
Pre-registration for classes is REQUIRED for new trainees.
No registration required for returning trainees who need to make up classes or for CERTs who want to audit classes.
Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there is a $25 CERT program fee payable the first day of class. CERT Graduates are sworn in as Disaster Service Worker Volunteers for the City of Walnut Creek. Unfortunately, due to limited resources, Walnut Creek CERT classes are open only to those who live or work in either incorporated or unincorporated Walnut Creek (does not apply in the case of a student from another city making up a missed class). Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Need to make up a missed class?
You can go to any city's CERT program to make up a class.
NOTE: If you are making up a class with Walnut Creek CERT, please check the class schedule above or call 925-943-5899 ext. 2911 before the start of the CERT Session to verify the order of class topics.
After you complete your CERT training please email your graduation certificate to email@example.com or drop off a copy to Megan Stephenson at Walnut Creek City Hall so we can welcome you to Walnut Creek CERT and tell you about our monthly meetings and continuing education classes.
Upcoming CERT classes and events for 2018:
- Amateur (HAM) radio Getting-On-The-Air classes 1 & 2 - Wednesdays June 13 & July 11, 6:30PM - 9PM.
- Urban Shield “Green Command” exercise - Saturday September 8th, all day event. Contact Jeff Starr <firstname.lastname@example.org> for more information.
- City-wide drill - all 8 CERT areas - Saturday September 15, 8AM - noon
- Fall 2018 CERT Basic Training classes on Friday & Saturdays - probably on October 12, 13, 20 - at Walnut Creek City Hall
- Fall 2018 CERT graduation drill, probably on Saturday October 27th
- Amateur (HAM) radio license test cram, Saturday November 10th.
- Amateur (HAM) radio Getting-On-The-Air classes 1 & 2 - November 14 & December 19, 6:30PM - 9PM.
- Disaster Medical Hands On class - continuing education - November 17th, Saturday
See the CERT calendar for more details.