The Walnut Creek Skate Park is located at the corner of Heather Drive and Marchbanks Drive in Heather Farm Park, and is across from the Clarke Swim Center. Admission is free. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The City requires that all skaters must wear a helmet and knee AND elbow pads in order to use the park. Among its unique features are elements for street skaters and vertical skaters, with rails, spines and bowls. The skating area consists of features such as a square bowl, raised “peanut,” “volcano,” “crater,” and “roller” elements. The skating course also includes “street” elements such as rails, steps, and ledges.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable experience. To make this possible, we have adopted these rules:
* All users shall wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads.
* The park opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m. daily.
* Skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates and non-motorized scooters only.
* No other sports equipment permitted. No bicycles are permitted.
* No glass, food or drink allowed in the skate area.
* Aggressive behavior and use of profanity are not permitted.
* Additional obstacles or other materials (ramps, jumps, etc.) are not allowed.
* No drugs, alcohol, smoking or weapons of any kind allowed.
* No animals allowed in the Skate Park.
* No audio or amplified sound equipment may be used in the Skate Park.
* All organized events or formal contests shall have prior written approval from the City.
* Violators of these rules are subject to citation and/or removal from the Skate Park. (WCMC Sec. 11-2.104).
Use of this facility is at your own risk. The City of Walnut Creek does not assume any liability or responsibility for injuries or theft. Please call Walnut Creek Police to report inappropriate behavior or use.
For assistance or to report use conditions or graffiti please call 925-943-5899 Ext. 2438