*Please note a new withdrawal policy for quarterly courses, camps, and aquatics programs will go into effect for Spring 2019 registrations and beyond. See below for policy details.
- NEW: Withdrawal policy for Spring 2019 courses, camps and aquatics programs
- EXPIRING: Withdrawal policy in effect through Winter 2019 programs
- Year Round courses (Effective Summer 2019 and beyond)
- Preschools (School Year 2018-2019)
- Preschools (Effective Summer 2019 and beyond)
- After School Sports
- Facility Rentals
- Picnic Rentals
- Gym and Field Rentals
NEW: POLICIES EFFECTIVE SPRING 2019 (Quarterly Courses, Camps & Aquatics Programs)
Withdrawals: If you wish to withdraw, call us at least five (5) business days before the start date for a refund. A $12 withdrawal fee per person, per class will be charged. No refunds or credits after this time. Refunds are processed within three weeks. No refunds for non-attendance or lack of student participation.
Transfers: If you wish to transfer to another course within the same session, call us at least five (5) business days before the start date for a transfer to be processed.
Quality Assurance: If, after attending the first class, you are not happy with the quality of the program, call us right away. Tell us what was wrong so we can make it right.
- A class may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met. A full refund is available.
- If a session is canceled due to weather and no make-up class is offered, a refund will be provided; but no refunds are offered for weather related concerns if the program is running as scheduled.
Payment and Account Credit Policies:
- Fees must be paid in full at time of registration by cash, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover), or check payable to the City of Walnut Creek, unless otherwise stated in program description.
- All payments are processed upon receipt.
- Supply fees are payable to the instructor at the first class. Please do not include supply fees with your registration fees. Supply fees are non-refundable.
- If payment plans are offered, customers must provide a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover) for automatic payment processing.
- All credits on account are valid for a maximum of one year.
WINTER 2019 WITHDRAWAL POLICIES
The following policies are in effect for registrations through the Winter 2019 quarter. These policies will expire and no longer be applicable for Spring 2019 registrations and beyond.
QUARTERLY COURSES (through Winter 2019)
- Refunds/credits are subject to a service charge of $10 per person, per class. Refunds are processed within three weeks.
- Refunds will be considered if requests are submitted up to seven days prior to the first day of class.
- For withdrawal requests received after the refund period but prior to the first day of class, a credit less the withdrawal fee of $10 may be permitted. This credit will be valid for one year for use toward a future course.
- Withdrawal requests after the first class meeting are subject to partial credit less service charge and prorated course fees.
- No refund requests are accepted after the last class meeting.
- All credits on account are valid for a maximum of one year.
- Failure to attend program or “no-shows” will not be granted a refund/credit.
- Refund policies may vary for 50+ (Seniors) programs.
- A class may be cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met. A full refund is available.
AQUATICS PROGRAMS (through Winter 2019)
Refunds are allowed up to seven business days prior to the first day of class; a $10 service fee per class will be applied to each refund. Cancellation requests received after the refund period but prior to the first day of class will receive a credit, minus the $10 service fee, valid for one year. No refunds or credits will be offered once classes begin. If you must drop a class due to serious illness or injury, please call: (925) 943-5899, ext 2438 or email Heaston@walnut-creek.org. (Doctor’s note is required. $10 service fee applies.) We do not give refunds for weather or lack of student participation. Transfers between classes may only be done if there is room and transfer is approved by the manager on duty.
CAMPS (through Winter 2019)
CAMP COMMUNITY ARTS: There is a $30 cancellation fee up to Friday by 4:00 pm prior to start of camp. For cancellations that take place after this, there is a $50 cancellation fee. Refunds will be pro-rated from time of withdrawal in addition to the $50 cancellation fee up to the first week of camp. Unfortunately, we cannot refund camp fees after the first week of camp. Failure to attend camp or no-shows will not be granted a full or partial refund or credit.
ALL OTHER CAMPS: Requests submitted at least seven days prior to the start of a session will receive a full refund minus a $10 withdrawal fee per session. Requests made less than seven days prior to the start of the session will receive a credit good for one year minus the $10 withdrawal fee. No refunds or credits will be issued after the start of a Summer Camp session.
YEAR ROUND PROGRAMS (Effective Summer 2019 and beyond)
Withdrawals: A $75 withdrawal fee per person, per class will be charged for all withdrawals for school year classes over $1000. Withdrawal requests must be received in writing before the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to withdraw. Class fees will be charged for the next full month for withdrawal requests that are received after the 15th of the month in addition to the withdrawal fee. No refunds for non-attendance or lack of student participation.
PRESCHOOLS (School Year 2018-2019)
A withdrawal fee of $75 will be charged for withdrawal after registering. Tuition will be pro-rated based on the number of preschool days for which the student is registered. Please notify the registrar at least two weeks before the student's last day of attendance.
PRESCHOOLS (Effective Summer 2019 and beyond)
Withdrawals: If you wish to withdraw, please send a written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to withdraw. A $75 withdrawal fee per student, per class will be charged for withdrawals. No refunds of credits will be offered. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a refund or credit for non-attendance or lack of student participation.
Summer Preschool Withdrawals must be received by May 15, 2019 (Session 1) and June 15, 2019 (Session 2) if you no longer wish to attend preschool for the summer session. Withdrawals after these dates will result in full payment for each summer session.
School Year Preschool Withdrawals must be received by July 15, 2019 if you no longer wish to attend preschool for the school year starting in August 2019. Withdrawals after the 15th of the month will result in full payment for the next month of class.
Quality Assurance: If you are not satisfied with the quality of our classes, please first discuss with your Lead Preschool Teacher or Ms. Rosie Lopez, Preschool Coordinator.
Class Cancellations: A class may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met. A full refund will be made available. If a class is canceled by Community Arts Preschool and no make-up class is offered, a refund will be provided.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS
- Withdrawal requests can be made prior to the program start date. A $12 withdrawal fee per person, per sport will be charged.
- No refunds will be given after the program starts unless a specific sport is canceled.
- Enrollment in competitive programs does not serve as a confirmation that the student has been selected for the team. Parents and students will be notified if the student has been selected for the team after tryouts have been completed. Any students who do not make the team will either be refunded in full or have the opportunity to enroll in the intramural team.
- Uniforms must be returned within two weeks from the end of the program to receive a uniform deposit refund.
Cancellations will be handled as follows:
- 90 days or more prior to use date - forfeit Security Deposit.
- Less than 90 days prior to date of use - forfeit all rental fees paid.
A request to reschedule a date will be treated as a cancellation.
Occasionally, it may be necessary to re-schedule, relocate or deny a request previously approved. In this event, the group or individual will be given as much advance notice as possible.
NO REFUNDS for no shows or for cancellations less than thirty (30) calendar days in advance of your use date.
$25 service fee for cancellations or changes made more than thirty (30) days prior to event date. Refunds of any remaining balance may take up to three weeks to process.
Permits are not transferable.
A credit valid for one year (no refunds) will be issued upon request if facility is not used due to rain on day of reservation (request must be placed within one week of event date).
GYM AND FIELD RENTALS
All cancellations of permitted tournaments/camps must be in writing and received by the City at least 60 days prior to the event; otherwise court/field fees and/or security deposit may be forfeited.
All cancellations of permitted multiple bookings (i.e., continuous use) for practice and/or games must be in writing and received by the City at least 30 days prior to the event; otherwise court/field fees may be forfeited. ($25.00 transaction fee may also apply)
Field rentals: No refunds or cancellations unless a rainout is declared by the City of Walnut Creek. Please check the fields hotline number 925-256-3574 for field conditions.
Gym Rentals: No refunds less than 30 days from the rental date. Full refund 30 days or more from the rental date. ($25.00 transaction fee will apply)