Walnut Creek CERT will not run a Fall 2017 training session.
You can go to any city's CERT basic training program to make up classes or take the full training series and then join Walnut Creek CERT.
Search for CERT Programs on Contra Costa 'C8' web site - http://www.contracostacert.com/links
or search FEMA website by ZIP Code - https://www.citizencorps.fema.gov/cc/searchCert.do?submitByZip
After you complete your CERT training please email your graduation certificate to email@example.com or drop off a copy to Megan Stephenson at Walnut Creek City Hall so we can welcome you to Walnut Creek CERT and tell you about our monthly meetings and continuing education classes.
Evening Training Series: Spring and Fall 2018
Two 7-week CERT basic training sessions will be offered on Tuesday evenings in 2018:
- April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22 - registration opens March 1, 2018
- September 4, 11, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23 - registration opens August 1, 2018
Location: ConFIre Training Facility on Treat Blvd (near Trader Joe's) and locations listed in the schedule
CERT Class Schedules - Spring 2018, Fall 2018
Pre-registration for classes is REQUIRED for new students.
No registration required for returning students who need to make up classes or for CERTs who want to audit classes.
Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Continuing Education - Disaster Medical Operations Hands On Class
10 AM - 2 PM on Saturday November 18, 2017
Location: Hillside Club House at Rossmoor in the Diablo Room
Class is open to all CERTs and also to students who took Units 3 & 4 Med Ops basic training classes in 2016 or 2017.
Pre-registration is REQUIRED to assure adequate trainers and supplies for class. Registration will open on September 1st.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there is a $25 CERT program fee payable the first day of class. CERT Graduates are sworn in as Disaster Service Worker Volunteers for the City of Walnut Creek. Unfortunately, due to limited resources, Walnut Creek CERT classes are open only to those who live or work in either incorporated or unincorporated Walnut Creek (does not apply in the case of a student from another city making up a missed class). Classes are open to minors 16 or 17 years old with parental/guardian permission - these two signed forms are required at class 1 to participate - parental waiver & Disaster Service Worker registration.
Need to make up a missed class?
You can go to any city's CERT program to make up a class.
NOTE: If you are making up a class with Walnut Creek CERT, please check the class schedule above or call 925-943-5899 ext. 2911 before the start of the CERT Session to verify the order of class topics.
Upcoming CERT classes and events thru the end of 2017:
- canceled - Fall CERT Basic training classes
- Saturday 16th, Saturday, 9AM-noon - Continuing Ed Class - Animal Response. RSVP: https://wccertanimalsafety.eventbrite.com
- October 28th - Fall city-wide drill
- November 18th, Saturday - Disaster Medical Hands On class - continuing education , 1000-1400 hrs.in Diablo Room in the Hillside Club House at Rossmoor. Class is open to all CERTs and also to students who took Units 3 & 4 Med Ops basic training classes in 2016 or 2017.
- Spring 2018 CERT Basic Training classes on Tuesday evenings - April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22 - at ConFire training facility on Treat Blvd (near Trader Joe's)
- Spring 2018 CERT graduation drill, Saturday June 9th
- Fall 2018 CERT Basic Training classes on Tuesday evenings - September 4, 11, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23 - at ConFire training facility on Treat Blvd (near Trader Joe's)
- Fall 2018 CERT graduation drill, Saturday October 27th