Per Walnut Creek Municipal Code 3-5.1901 WCMC:
A. No vacation trailer or motor coach in excess of both 20 feet in length and seven feet in height shall be parked
or left standing upon any street in any residential district between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless a
permit has first been issued therefore by the Chief of Police.
B. A permit shall be issued, free of charge, under the following circumstances only:
1. If the motor coach is the only vehicle registered to, and customarily used by, the occupants of the
dwelling in front of which it is parked or left standing; or
2. For the purpose of loading or unloading, for two consecutive periods from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. before
and after a trip. The term "trip" does not refer to daily use of the vehicle, but instead refers to an
extended, overnight use of the vehicle which requires additional time to prepare the vehicle. The term
"loading and unloading" includes packing food, clothing and supplies and preparing the vehicle's
refrigeration system, and unpacking the vehicle after the trip; or,
3. For the purpose of accommodating visitors who are traveling in the vehicle, not to exceed three
consecutive periods from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m., providing that the vehicle is not in violation of
§ 3-5.1005 of this code.
4. The permit shall be prominently displayed in the lower left portion of the vehicle's windshield when the
vehicle is parked or left standing in a residential district.
C. The term residential district shall mean any district designated as "R" (except R-O); "D"; "M"; or "P-D" if the
P-D zone permits residential use, on the Land Use Zone Map of the City of Walnut Creek. (§1, Ord. 1554, eff.
November 4, 1982)
D. No vacation trailer or motor coach shall be parked or left standing in any off-street parking facility which is owned
or operated by the City between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6 a.m. The foregoing provisions shall only be
effective if appropriate signs or markings are in place. (§1, Ord. 1996, eff. 6/6/02)
How to Obtain an RV Permit:
Permits can be obtained, free of charge, online or in person. Online permits are only available Monday-Thursday 8am to
5pm, except holidays. If you need a permit any other time, or prefer to handle the request in person, please come to the
Walnut Creek Police Department located at 1666 N Main St.
RV Permit Rules:
1. Permits are issued for 2 days to residents and 3 days to visitors. Consecutive days, over the initial 2, are not
2. Vehicles shall be parked legally -- DO NOT block driveways or Fire Hydrants. Be certain that the Motorhome
does not block traffic control signs or interfere with visibility near intersection.
3. The permit MUST be taped to the inside of the front windshield on the drivers side to be valid
To obtain a permit online:
1. Visit our online reporting system (by clicking the application link below)
2. Follow the instructions, please fill out all fields as accurately as possible
3. Once completed, submit the report
4. Once your request is received, it will be reviewed and a permit will be emailed back to you in PDF format,
within 24 hours (excluding Fridays, weekends and holidays)
5. Print your permit and place it in the lower left portion of the windshield.
>> Application for Overnight RV/Motorhome Parking <<
**Be advised, This link will now take you to our online reporting system
(Coplogic), where our RV Permitting is now being handled