width= width=
  File Accident/Hit and Run Report


Please read the two applicable vehicle codes below before proceeding with your report. Once you are finished filing online, keep your report as it will be your record of the accident.

Vehicle Code Section 20002

1.      Give the owner or person in charge of such property the name and address of the driver and owner of the vehicle.

2.      In the absence of the owner, leave a written notice in a conspicuous place on the other vehicle or damaged property, giving the name and address of the driver and owner of the vehicle involved and a statement of the circumstances.

Vehicle Code Section 16000

The driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in damage to the property of any ONE party in excess of $750 or in the injury or death of any person must submit a SR-1 Form to the California Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days, or as soon as possible.

Note: Failure to comply may result in suspension of your driver's license. Law enforcement reports do not satisfy the DMV report requirement. If city or state property is damaged, you will be contacted regarding possible liability.

Form SR-1 may be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles, any police station, motor vehicle club, insurance agency, or DMV website.

What type of Accident were you involved in? (select one below)

>> Hit and Run <<

Hit and run accident where the driver of a motor vehicle does not stop after being involved in a collision with another vehicle or property. Online reporting is available when there are no injuries, the other vehicle's license plate number is unknown, and the current location of the other vehicle is unknown.

>> Non-Injury <<

Non-injury accident where information was exchanged. For example, you and another person involved in an accident exchanged information and now your insurance company wants you to file a report.  Please have the other parties information available when entering report, this includes any passengers in the vehicle(s).