| || |
| Communications & Outreach|
Phone: (925) 943-5895 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications & Outreach program is located within the City Manager's Office and is managed by Gayle Vassar. Services provided include:
- In a Nutshell - The official City of Walnut Creek newsletter is published and mailed to all residents and businesses in Walnut Creek four times a year: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. It has information on City services, programs, and activities as well as features on places in the community. (For any Nutshell issue dating back to January/February 2002, click here.)
- Citizens Institute -- An 8-session program designed to build community by teaching citizens how their city works through interactive exercises, tours of city facilities, presentations by City Council members and staff, and discussions among participants.
- City website - The office maintains and updates regularly this website. (Note: the Police and Dean Lesher Regional Center for the Arts websites are maintained by other City staff.)
- Media relations - Members of the media are welcome to call 925-943-5895 or email email@example.com
- Press releases - Press releases are posted on the City website
- Social media - The City has a strong interest in connecting with citizens via social media, and has a social media policy in place. For details, visit the Social Media page.
- Walnut Creek TV - Walnut Creek TV is the City's government access channel. In addition to promoting transparent government by airing all City Council and most City Commission meetings, Walnut Creek TV highlights the programs and people of Walnut Creek.