| || |
| COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT|
The Community and Economic Development Department (CED) exists to enhance the community's safety, welfare, economic opportunities and quality of life. Our mission will be accomplished through effective leadership, commitment to excellence and the delivery of quality professional services to the public, City Council, City Commissions, City Manager, and other City Departments.
The Community and Economic Development Department is responsible for a variety of community-related functions and efforts and includes the following services:
- Planning Division: Processes all development applications and oversees all design review approvals. It also drafts new City ordinances and prepares amendments to the Walnut Creek General Plan. For easy reference, a copy of the Planning and General Department fee schedule is provided.
- Housing Division: Creates, preserves and improves a range of housing opportunities and supportive programs serving an economically diverse community.
- Transportation Planning Division: Promotes and enhances transportation mobility and balanced parking within the community and provides leadership on regional transportation issues.
- Building Division: Performs plan checks, issues Building Permits, and provides inspection services for building construction and electrical, plumbing and mechanical installations. The team also responds to complaints concerning building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical code compliance.
- Code Enforcement Division: Handles nuisance abatement and code violation notifications and proceedings.
- Administrative Team: Conducts special projects and provides support services to the Divisions.
CED also provides staffing services to the Planning Commission and the Design Review Commission.
Customer Service Survey
The City of Walnut Creek always strives to provide the most reliable and courteous customer experience possible. We are committed to improving our services and need your feedback.
Please take a moment to complete this short survey and tell us about your experience with Walnut Creek so that we can improve our process.