Picnic Rentals are available at Heather Farm Park and Larkey Park while other parks have picnic areas on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information on picnic rentals click here. For a map of the parks click here.
- 13 Acres
- Open Dawn to Dusk
- 2-5 year old Playground
- 5-12 year old Playground
- Basketball Court
- Dogs allowed on leash
- Horseshoe Pits
- Parking available
- Picnic Area (available for reservation)
- Picnic Area (non-reservable)
- Swim Center
- Tennis Court
- Trail Connections
- Volleyball Court
Booking a Group Picnic Area
There are several ways you can book a group picnic area and obtain a permit. Reserved picnics are available up to 120 days in advance. If your chosen picnic date is more than 120 days away, you will not be able to book your picnic. Also, picnic areas must be booked at least five days prior to the event date.
If your picnic date is within 120 days and more than five days away, you may check availability and book an available date one of four ways:
- In person at the Heather Farm Community Center, 301 N San Carlos Drive (9am-4pm, M-F)
- By phone at (925) 943-5858 (9am-4pm, M-F)
- Via email at Recreation@walnut-creek.org (availability only)
Click here for current fees, rules and regulations, and refund policy information.